Communications and Media Manager
WHAT WE’RE LIKE
We have a love of big ideas, an ethos of collaboration, and a strong work ethic ingrained in our culture.
Our business is built with an entrepreneurial mind-set; our team have the freedom and autonomy to create change within our business.
Our values are simple;
We have the ability to treat everyone we meet the same way – as a valuable human being with opinions worth hearing. We show RESPECTby listening, and acknowledging contribution.
A drive to succeed, a HUNGER for the brilliant, for the win, for our team and for the agency.
Curiosity is key to our success and important to us all; if you are not CURIOUS about your work, people, tech, innovation, the world.. you will struggle to be brilliant.
We make stuff happen. ACTION is our middle name. But importantly we think before we act.
WHAT WE DO
The M&C Saatchi Group is a confederation of 11 businesses, that engage consumers at all moments they encounter a brand – each with different centres of gravity.
We have SHARED VISION to ‘become the most influential creative company in Australia by 2020.’
It could all happen sooner, given in October 2017 we were named the most innovative company in Australia and New Zealand by the AFR.
And a GUIDING PHILOSOPHY of Brutal Simplicity of Thought.
It works on the premise that it’s easier to complicate than simplify. Simple messages enter the brand quicker and stay longer.
You will see it in our work from CAN to Yes, our structure and the systems we use.
A modern form of manners in a world short of time.
WHAT YOU’RE LIKE
Digital or print you’ve got the passion and talent to make every piece of work sing. You know writing is about leading the witness, you understand that sometimes it’s in your face and sometimes the viewer doesn’t even know it’s there. You’ve probably got around 5 years of experience, a communications degree, and a drive to always keep learning.
A natural relationship builder
You have the ability to build relationships at all levels, and in all types of environments. You can mentor, motivate and teach, while still giving people the room to express themselves.
An approachable human
You’re quick to laugh and treat everyone with respect. You are firm, but you always try to be fair. You’re approachable and collaborative, but you’ve got the personal authority to be the last word with both your team and the wider agency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive M&C Saatchi Group communications
- You’ll be the first point of contact and responder to all media requests. This will include, but no be limited to, incoming from trade and mainstream media, and outgoing from CEO and Group MD’s.
- You will work with M&C Saatchi Group management team to develop overarching media and PR strategy; and with Group Companies to develop bespoke media/PR strategies for individual agencies.
- Be proactive in developing and maintaining relationships with media, including marketing trade press and mainstream press, to identify and maximise opportunities for favourable coverage of M&C Saatchi, its people and its work.
- Recommend and pitch opportunities for media coverage, e.g: profiles, campaign releases, thought pieces, opinion pieces, feature pieces, critiques, etc and transform these into coverage.
- Write, distribute and follow up press releases.
- Advise Management on any crisis management and crisis planning, as and when required.
- Identify and action opportunities for senior staff to speak at industry seminars and workshops.
- Ensure that M&C Saatchi’s media listings with the various publications and websites are correct and up to date.
- Compile, catalogue and maintain records of all press coverage in soft copy for monthly reporting.
Manage the Group’s content & brand
- Write, commission and edit content for use on the M&C Saatchi Group website (News; Culture; Thought leadership; Work; People)
- Maintain group social sites. Regular Twitter and LinkedIn updates from the M&C Saatchi account with latest M&C Saatchi news, cultural events, interesting blogs, opinion and thought pieces.